Discover the Forest
– This PSA campaign aims to inspire tweens (aged 8-12) and their parents to re-connect with nature, experiencing it first-hand. The campaign brings to life the joy and excitement kids have when they discover the wonders of nature, helping create interest in their environment and a lifelong relationship with it.
Educational in Nature
– A series of environmental educational curriculum supplements designed to foster understanding and environmental awareness in the classroom.
Forestry 2: Reach for the Canopy
– Take a closer look at the inner-workings of trees, explore forest change, learn about forest health concerns and discover the health benefits trees have on people.
– Find a vast number of resources that deal with the topic of forests and their management.
If Trees Could Talk
– If trees could talk and we could listen, would we be wiser? The Forest History Society believes that we must understand the history of forests and their people in order to shape the future of people and their forests.
Indiana Woodland Steward Publication International Paper Learning Center
– Designed to help our young people learn the importance of good forest stewardship.
Purdue University Forestry and Natural Resources’ Publications
Resource Conservation & Development
Society of American Foresters
Temperate Forest Foundation
The Natural Inquirer
– A middle school science education journal created so that scientists can share their research with middle school students. Each article tells you about scientific research conducted by scientists in the USDA Forest Service.
Wood is Good
– Purdue University’s Wood Research Laboratory
The Woody Plant Seed Manual